Monday, August 9, 2010

fear

Main Entry: fear
Pronunciation: \ˈfir\

Function: verb

Etymology: Middle English feren, from Old English fǣran, from fǣr
Date: before 12th century

transitive verb
1 archaic : frighten
2 archaic : to feel fear in (oneself)
3 : to have a reverential awe of
4 : to be afraid of : expect with alarm
intransitive verb
: to be afraid or apprehensive
___________________________________________________________________

How is it that so many people mock my fear of thunder and lightning? They have their own TRIVIAL fears too.

I used to not fear thunder and lightning. After graduating high school it started as a joke, then it really became a fear. For a considerable amount of time I also fear camera flashes! All because of one fateful event of actually witnessing what it could do and how loud it really is. I was staying at my room back in old college, when out of nothing a lightning strikes the 'lightning catcher' thing that's on buildings, the ones that direct lightnings to the ground thing, yeah. It was so very loud I think I had gone deaf for a bit. Not to mention the fear stricken in me seeing the flash at the corner of my eyes.

And when people laugh at it, I often wished that these people should get some lightning strike on them a couple of times.

Last night I went through that exact fear for a couple of hours, curling up on the floor crying, all on my own. I had nowhere to run. I was cornered. All I could do was just close my eyes and ears like a little child, wishing that it'd stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts