Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Devils are Crying, Again!

...GOD DAMN YOU CAPCOM! WE HATE TEEN ANGST GET IT?!!

/rant

Great, now there's two possibly down. They couldn't make it to the Raya Jam, or even if they do they might just watch from the shades because of their respective injuries/illness. And I'm sniffling endlessly now, so the statistics would rise if I don't do anything about this n00bish flu.




wat dis? Where Dante?? Dis not Dante. DIS RIHANNA! DIS ADAM LAMBERT! DIS SOME RANDOM POP SINGER! DIS NOT DANTEEE!!!11!!!

Yes, consume my nerd rage.

I've got to say that each time they came up with DMC after DMC3, I died a little inside. It's dead for me now, and I'm not anticipating anything good about DMC franchise anymore now that everything has to be emotional, crazy, or yelling out of puberty-linked teen angst.

Apparently this is a reboot of DMC series, (and its written as DmC, whatever the fucked up difference it makes). This means, that either that black haired gayness young 'boy' is a jailbait (ahem *awsm) Dante, or Capcom people have a big mess to clear up with the die-hard DMC fans on the storyline. I can assume the worst far too easy, but at this point I could be entirely wrong. Ninja Theory is working side by side with Capcom on this, by the way, so how you interpret it depends on you.

When Capcom decided to put Nero in for DMC4, I knew right then that DMC won't be the same ever again. They think they could buy the fans with 'fresher, different hero' but the truth remains that they are losing their long-standing supporters. Yes they might gain new fans. But till when? There are big competitors out there, God of War, Dante's Inferno (pun not intended) and it means a lot if they could actually make the old fans stick to them for support.

Gameplay so far looks quite similar to other DMCs, but I'm not really sure because it's just a cinematic trailer I'm watching. It could be entirely new and good or it could be gay, but I'll wait and see how it goes before I condemn this like how I condemned M Night Shyamalan's fucked up movies (I am STILL bitter over Avatar: Last Airbender).

I don't like the sentence "re-imagined Devil May Cry" at all. It could mean that all the effort of trying to understand what the hell is going on = 0.

42.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts