Friday, September 17, 2010

Russian Roulette

"They're gonna pull out the life support machines in about 2-3 hours time."

I could hear the screams on the other side of the phone. The screams that pierces through in silence. It was loud and clear and automatic.

What will you do when the life of someone you love is in your hands. Will you pull the trigger, shut the switch, stab the knife?

When the pain is so strong you know you got to let go. when you know keeping him or her is only making them suffer. When they look at you and beg you in the loudest of silence.

Letting go... its never easy.

My mother always reminded me of this particular thing. It will come some day, she will say and look at me in the eyes. I won't be with you all your life. I will leave, she will say.

She never said whether it'd be easy or not, because simply said, it never did.

Even if this is someone else's father, I could still feel it. That hollow feeling. That miserable loneliness that you can't run away from.

-------------------------------------------------

All the things I know right now, if I only knew back then, there's no gettin' over, there's no gettin' over, there's just no getting over you. Wish I could spin my world into reverse just to have you back again, there's no gettin' over, there's no gettin over, there's just no getting over you (you)!

All the things I know right now, if I only knew back then, there's no gettin' over, there's no gettin' over, there's just no getting over you. Wish I could spin my world into reverse just to have you back again, there's no gettin' over, there's no gettin over, there's just no getting over you, no! no!

There's just no getting over you!

-----------------------------------------------

Hold on, Monsieur. I'm with you. Even if I'm not there with you I'm holding you close right now. We're going through this together... you're not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts